Thursday, February 3, 2011

Murray State University's History

While I was thinking about what I would like to know about Murray State's history, I ran across a lot of thoughts. 
What do I already know about Murray State?  
Not much really... so I could possibly just look up "everything" there is to know.  But that could get pretty lengthy, and most likely boring. 
Then I thought, well who founded Murray State?  Cause I don't know the answer to that.
But most likely many students already do, and that's a bit too general and I'm assuming most students will actually choose that.  
So then I decided that I AM a Business Major, and Murray State apparently has a whole "College of Business" area, so my question today is:

When did Murray State begin their Business Department? 

The first thing I did was search in google.... Murray State's College of Business 
This got me a great amount of results.  I skipped the paid advertising link and clicked the very first link from murray states website.  


http://www.murraystate.edu/business.aspx

This link was great, it gave me a nice introductory to the College of Business at Murray State and a link to all the departments available in this College.  BUT it didn't answer my question.  not even close

Moving on.... down a couple links I find one called Murray State University> About College of Business.
That sounded like it may have what I'm looking for, so I clicked on it. 

http://www.murraystate.edu/Academics/CollegesDepartments/CollegeOfBusiness/AboutCOB.aspx 

While this gave some good things to know, once again I was still left with no answer. 
So... I decided to revise my search.

This is what I searched:  "When did Murray State include College of Business"
  
AND by some luck of the draw, my first result is a WINNER! 


http://murray.stateuniversity.com/sub/College-of-Business-and-Public-Affairs.html


Wow, this link gave me pretty much everything I need to know about Murray State's College of Business.
The College of Business and Public Affairs was founded in 1966 and is located on the main campus, in its own building. Courses also are offered at Paducah, Hopkinsville, Madisonville, and Henderson (MBA).
 
This surprised me.  In my thought process I didn't think that the College of Business had been around for over 40 years But it makes sense because it was around then that computers and technology became popular.
This link also gave me great information on the College of Business Academics and what is involved in getting my MBA.

So all in all this was a successful and pretty quick search process.     




 

No comments:

Post a Comment